Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Vectren’s Smart Cycle program?
- Vectren’s Smart Cycle program is an optional program for residential electric customers who have eligible smart thermostats connected to their air conditioning.
- When summer temperatures climb, demand for electricity increases. The Smart Cycle program is designed to help reduce high electricity—or peak—demand. Reducing peak demand can help control costs for all customers long term.
- Participants agree to brief, limited adjustments of their thermostats during peak electric demand periods from June 1 through September 30. Enrolled customers can anticipate at least one adjustment and a maximum of 15 adjustments per summer. Peak demand periods for adjustments typically occur on especially hot days. Adjustments will not occur on weekends or holidays.
- Participants will receive a $75 one-time bill credit after being accepted into the program and an additional $5 bill credit per device during the months of June through September for staying enrolled in the program.
- How will I know if I’m eligible to enroll?
To be eligible to enroll, you must:
- Be a Vectren residential electric customer.
- Use an eligible internet-connected thermostat for cooling.
- What is my enrollment incentive?
Participants will receive a one-time $75 bill credit after being accepted into the program.
- When will I receive the $75 bill credit enrollment incentive?
You will receive your $75 bill credit within 4 to 6 weeks of being accepted into the Smart Cycle program.
- How do I receive the participation incentives?
You will receive an additional $5 bill credit per device during the months of June through September for staying enrolled in the program.
- Which thermostats qualify for the program?
Provider Approved Thermostats Alarm.com Radio Thermostat CT30, CT80, CT100; Trane ComfortLink Control; RCS Z-Wave Communicating Thermostat; GoControl Z-wave Thermostat; Alarm.com Smart Thermostat ecobee ecobee3, ecobee3 Lite, ecobee4, ecobee Smart, ecobee SmartThermostat with voice control Emerson Sensi™ Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat, Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Thermostat Honeywell Home Wi-Fi Smart Color Thermostat, Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, Wi-Fi 9000 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, 9000 Smart Thermostat, 7-Day Programmable Smart Thermostat, VisionPro 8000 Smart Thermostat, Round Smart Thermostat, T5+ Smart Thermostat, T6 Pro Smart Thermostat, T9 Smart Thermostat, T10 Smart Thermostat Lux LUX/GEO, LUX KONO Nest Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Thermostat E Radio Thermostat Company of America Filtrete 3M-50, CT30, CT50, CT80 Vivint Radio Thermostat CT100 with Vivint Go!Control Panel
- Where can I find the Terms & Conditions for the program?
You can find the program terms and conditions for all thermostat providers below:
Provider Terms and Conditions Alarm.com Terms & Conditions ecobee Terms & Conditions Emerson Terms & Conditions Honeywell Terms & Conditions Lux Terms & Conditions Nest Terms & Conditions Radio Thermostat Company of America Terms & Conditions Vivint Terms & Conditions
- How do I sign up for the Smart Cycle program?
Visit enrollmythermostat.com/vectren. Confirm your eligibility for the Smart Cycle program by answering these three questions:
Are you a Vectren residential electric customer?
Do you use an eligible, internet-connected thermostat to control your central air conditioning?
Will you allow Vectren to make short, low-impact thermostat adjustments on high energy usage days?
If you answer yes to these three questions, please choose whether you have a thermostat to enroll in the Smart Cycle program.
If you have an existing thermostat, please select your thermostat among the eligible models.
Click the Enroll Now button to go to your thermostat’s enrollment site, where you will follow a series of simple steps to enroll.
Once your eligibility is confirmed by Vectren, you will be enrolled in the program. You will receive notification on your eligibility status in your account registered email.
- How will I know that a temperature adjustment is in progress?
Depending on your thermostat provider, notifications may appear on the thermostat or in your web or mobile application.
- How will my thermostat be adjusted?
- At the start of an adjustment event, your thermostat will be automatically adjusted up to four degrees above the current temperature.
- The adjustment will typically last no more than four hours on non-holiday weekdays and will occur between 1 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Once the temperature adjustment is over, your thermostat will return to its normal set point and/or schedule.
- In some cases, your thermostat may be adjusted down 3 degrees prior to an adjustment event to precool your home.
- You can opt out of an event at any time from your mobile device, web browser or thermostat. When you opt-out of the precool, you also are opting out of the temperature adjustment.
- Will participating in the program compromise my comfort?
Adjustment events will only affect the temperature by a few degrees, with minimal impact on comfort. You can easily opt out of an event at any time, for any reason. Your participation is voluntary and you will retain control of your thermostat.
- Am I allowed to opt out of thermostat adjustment events?
Yes. At any time during an event, you can opt out from your thermostat, mobile device or web app.
- Does opting out of the pre-cool opt me out of the thermostat adjustment event?
For the majority of devices, when you opt out of the precool, you are also opting out of the temperature adjustment. If you own an ecobee device, you may also need to opt out of the temperature adjustment.
- How do I unenroll from the Smart Cycle program?
Send an email to email@example.com, requesting to end your participation in the Smart Cycle program. Unenrolling from the program will end your participation for all of your enrolled thermostats. Once you unenroll in the program, you will not receive the annual participation incentive.
- What if I have additional questions about the program?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.