Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Program?
The Program allows you to join your community to help save energy and reduce stress on the electric grid in your electricity service area. Every time you participate in a temperature adjustment event as described below as part of the Program, you will be automatically entered into our “$5,000 Smart Savers Rewards” sweepstakes, as described below.
By participating in the Program, you agree to allow EnergyHub, Inc. and your thermostat provider to remotely access your thermostat to make brief, limited adjustments to your thermostat temperature setting at times of peak electricity demand in the summer. You may benefit by seeing a reduced electricity bill. You can opt out of these temperature adjustments at any time, as described below.
You have the option of choosing which energy-saving events you participate in, but the more you participate, the more chances you’ll have to win the sweepstakes.
- Who is sponsoring the Program?
The program is a partnership between your thermostat provider and EnergyHub, Inc. EnergyHub, Inc. is the leading provider of connected device and distributed energy resource management systems for utilities and wholesale markets.
- How long will it take for my Program application to be processed?
Your application will be processed 6-10 weeks from receipt of your application by EnergyHub, Inc.
- What are the eligibility requirements for the Program?
- You must complete your application for the Program before August 1st;
- You must be 18 years of age or older, a legal resident of Texas, USA, and reside at a qualifying address;
- You must have one or more thermostats that are compatible with and connected to a thermostat provider in the program;
- Your thermostat must always be on (e.g. connected to an internet service); and
- You are willing to assist the program administrators’ in troubleshooting and resolving connectivity and other thermostat-related issues.
- What is a temperature adjustment event?
A temperature adjustment event is when the temperature on your thermostat is increased from the current setpoint or scheduled target setpoint by up to 4°F during the program period (June 1st-September 30th).
- How long will the temperature adjustment events be and when can I expect them to take place?
Temperature adjustment events can occur on non-holiday weekdays anytime from 1pm to 7pm CT, but may extend outside of that time window for system testing or rare emergency conditions. Temperature adjustment events can run between one to four hours except under rare emergency conditions.
- How do I participate in a temperature adjustment event?
You can participate in a temperature adjustment event by allowing us to remotely adjust your thermostat and maintaining the thermostat setting at the temperature to which we remotely set it for the duration of the thermostat adjustment event.
Every time you participate in a thermostat adjustment event in this way, you will automatically receive an entry into the sweepstakes described below.
- Am I allowed to opt out of a temperature adjustment? If so, how?
Yes. At any time during a temperature adjustment event, you can opt out from your thermostat, mobile device, or web app simply by resetting your thermostat setting to any temperature that you desire. For the majority of devices, when you opt out of the pre-cool, you are also opting out of the temperature adjustment. If you own an ecobee device, you must also opt out the temperature adjustment.
If you re-adjust your thermostat setting while a temperature adjustment event is in progress, you will not receive a sweepstakes entry for that event. You will still be able to participate in other events and be eligible for other sweepstakes entries, if you so choose.
- How many temperature adjustment events will there be during the Program period?
We estimate there will be two to eight adjustment events from June 1st through September 30.
- What is the prize for the “Win 5,000” sweepstakes?
The prize for the “$5,000 Smart Savers Rewards” sweepstakes is payment of $5,000. One winner is drawn from all valid entries to receive payment of his or her electricity bills for his or her residence for the period of September 1 through August 31. Please see the rules for the most current information based on your thermostat provider.
- What is a valid entry?
You are entered into the “$5,000 Smart Savers Rewards” sweepstakes each time you fully participate in a temperature adjustment event, up to a maximum of 8 entries per participant. Please see the rules for more information.
- When will the drawing for the sweepstakes take place? How will I be notified if I win?
Please see below for this information based on your thermostat provider.
- Here are the details for the program based on your thermostat provider.
Provider Program Name Link to Rules Link to Terms & Conditions Alarm.com Give Back, Get Back Rules Terms & Conditions Lux Smart Savers Texas Rules Terms & Conditions Nest Rush Hour Rewards Rules Terms & Conditions Radio Thermostat Smart Savers Texas Rules Terms & Conditions Sensi Smart Savers Texas Rules Terms & Conditions Vivint Give Back, Get Back Rules Terms & Conditions ecobee Give Back, Get Back Rules Terms & Conditions
- What if I have additional questions?
If you have additional questions, please email us at email@example.com