- What is the SimpleSaver program?
- The SimpleSaver program is an optional program for residential electric members in a participating Kentucky Touchstone Energy Cooperative who have eligible smart thermostats connected to their air conditioning.
- The SimpleSaver program is designed to reward you for reducing your electricity use during periods of high demand for electricity, while helping the environment and reliability of the electricity grid.
- Participants agree to brief, limited adjustments of their thermostats during peak electric demand periods for the summer season. Enrolled members can anticipate at least one adjustment and a maximum of 15 adjustments per summer. Peak demand periods for adjustments typically occur on especially hot days. Adjustments will not occur on weekends or holidays.
- Participants will receive a $10 bill credit per thermostat for up to 2 thermostats ($20 total) after being accepted into the program. Participants will also receive a $20 bill credit per thermostat at the end of each summer season. Participants may also be eligible for an additional $100 enrollment offer if they purchased their thermostat on or after March 2, 2019.
- How will I know if I’m eligible to enroll?
To be eligible to enroll, you must:
- Be a member of one of the 15 participating local Touchstone Energy Cooperatives.
- Use an eligible fixed internet-connected thermostat for cooling.
- Who are the participating Touchstone Energy electric cooperatives?
The electric cooperatives participating in the SimpleSaver program are Big Sandy RECC, Blue Grass Energy, Clark Energy, Cumberland Valley Electric, Farmers RECC, Fleming-Mason Energy, Grayson RECC, Inter-County Energy, Licking Valley RECC, Nolin RECC, Owen Electric, Salt River Electric, Shelby Energy, South Kentucky RECC, and Taylor County RECC.
- What is my enrollment incentive?
Participants will receive a one-time $10 per thermostat for up to 2 thermostats ($20 total) after being accepted into the program. Participants may also be eligible for an additional $100 enrollment offer if they purchased their thermostat on or after March 2, 2019.
- When will I receive the $10 enrollment incentive for enrolling in the SimpleSaver program?
You will receive a $10 enrollment bill credit per thermostat for up to two thermostats ($20 total) within 60 days following your enrollment and acceptance into the SimpleSaver program. If eligible, you will also receive a $100 additional enrollment bill credit per thermostat within 60 days following your enrollment and acceptance into the SimpleSaver program.
- How do I receive the $20 annual participation incentive?
You will receive a $20 bill credit for each summer season (May through September) that you stay enrolled in the program, after the end of the season.
- Which thermostats qualify for the program?
Provider Approved Thermostats Alarm.com Radio Thermostat CT30, CT80, CT100; Trane ComfortLink Control; RCS Z-Wave Communicating Thermostat; GoControl Z-wave Thermostat; Alarm.com Smart Thermostat ecobee ecobee3, ecobee3 Lite, ecobee4, ecobee Smart, ecobee SmartThermostat with voice control Emerson Sensi™ Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat, Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Thermostat Honeywell Home Wi-Fi Smart Color Thermostat, Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, Wi-Fi 9000 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, 9000 Smart Thermostat, 7-Day Programmable Smart Thermostat, VisionPro 8000 Smart Thermostat, Round Smart Thermostat, T5+ Smart Thermostat, T6 Pro Smart Thermostat, T9 Smart Thermostat, T10 Smart Thermostat Lux LUX/GEO, LUX KONO Nest Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Thermostat E Radio Thermostat Company of America Filtrete 3M-50, CT30, CT50, CT80 Vivint Radio Thermostat CT100 with Vivint Go!Control Panel
- Where can I find the Terms and Conditions for this program?
You can find the program terms and conditions for all thermostat providers below:
Provider Terms and Conditions Alarm.com Terms and Conditions ecobee Terms and Conditions Emerson Terms and Conditions Honeywell Home Terms and Conditions Lux Terms and Conditions Nest Terms and Conditions Radio Thermostat Company of America Terms and Conditions Vivint Terms and Conditions
- How do I sign up for the SimpleSaver program?
- Visit www.enrollmythermostat.com/simplesaver.
- Confirm your eligibility for the SimpleSaver program by answering these three questions:
- Are you a member of one of the 15 participating Touchstone Energy Cooperatives?
- Do you use an eligible, fixed internet-connected thermostat to control your central air conditioning?
- Will you allow short, low-impact thermostat adjustments on high energy usage days?
- If you answer yes to these three questions, please choose whether you have a thermostat to enroll in the SimpleSaver program.
- If you have an existing thermostat, please select your thermostat among the eligible models.
- Click the Enroll Now button to go to your thermostat’s enrollment site, where you will follow a series of simple steps to enroll.
- Once your eligibility is confirmed by your cooperative, you will be enrolled in the program. You will receive notification on your eligibility status in your account registered email.
- How will I know that a temperature adjustment is in progress?
Depending on your thermostat provider, notifications may appear on the thermostat or in your web or mobile application.
- How will my thermostat be adjusted?
- At the start of an adjustment event, your thermostat will be automatically adjusted up to four degrees above the current temperature.
- The adjustment will last no more than four hours on non-holiday weekdays and will typically occur between 1 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Once the temperature adjustment is over, your thermostat will return to its normal set point and/or schedule.
- In some cases, your thermostat may be adjusted by up to three degrees prior to an adjustment event to pre-cool your home.
- You can opt out of an event at any time from your mobile device, web browser or thermostat. For the majority of devices, when you opt out of the pre-cool, you are also opting out of the temperature adjustment. If you own an ecobee device, you must also opt out of the temperature adjustment.
- Will participating in the program compromise my comfort?
Adjustment events will only affect the temperature by a few degrees, with minimal impact on comfort. You can easily opt out of an event at any time, for any reason. Your participation is voluntary and you will retain control of your thermostat.
- Am I allowed to opt out of thermostat adjustment events?
Yes. At any time during an event, you can opt out from your thermostat, mobile device or web app.
- Does opting out of the pre-cool opt me out of the thermostat adjustment event?
For the majority of devices, when you opt out of the pre-cool, you are also opting out of the temperature adjustment. If you own an ecobee device, you must also opt out of the temperature adjustment.
- How do I unenroll from the SimpleSaver program?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, requesting to end your participation in the SimpleSaver program. Unenrolling from the program will end your participation for all of your enrolled thermostats. Once you unenroll in the program, you will not receive the annual participation incentive.
- What if I have additional questions about the program?
Please email email@example.com.