- What is the Energy Wise Wi-Fi Thermostat Program?
- MVEC’s voluntary program is designed to reward you for reducing your electricity use during periods of high demand for electricity, while helping the environment and reliability of the electric grid.
- Members agree to brief, limited events which adjust their thermostats during peak electric demand periods from June 1 through September 30 on non-holiday weekdays. You can anticipate in at least one event, and a maximum of up to 18 events per summer. Peak electricity demand typically occurs on hot summer days.
- MVEC members who have installed a qualifying connected thermostat controlling their central air conditioning system and/or air source heat pump are eligible.
- Participants will receive a $50 bill credit after being accepted into the program and 10% discount on your summer electric bill (June – September) for subsequent years that you participate in the program. Members already participating in an A/C Energy Wise program will remain on their current program and receive the 10% discount or reduced rate. For example, if you are receiving a reduced rate, you will NOT also receive the additional 10% discount.
- Members will small businesses or more than one central conditioner will receive a $10/month bill credit on statements dated during the months of June - September of every year. You must use a minimum of 200kWh each month to qualify for the bill credit.
- How does the Energy Wise Wii-Fi Thermostat Program benefit the community?
- Supports Minnesota’s energy initiatives.
- Protects our environment by lowering emissions.
- Helps reduce the cost of peak energy in our region.
- How will I know if I’m eligible to enroll?
To be eligible to enroll, you must meet the following qualifications:
- You are a MVEC member.
- You have successfully installed and have an eligible internet-connected thermostat.
- You use your connected thermostat to control your working central air conditioning and/or air source pump.
- Which thermostats qualify for the program?
Below is the current list of qualifying thermostats.
Thermostat Provider Approved Thermostats Honeywell Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat, Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat with Voice Control, Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Touchscreen Thermostat, Wi-Fi 9000, Wi-Fi 9000 with Voice Control, Wi-Fi Focus Pro, Wi-Fi Vision Pro Nest Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Thermostat E
- Where can I find the Terms & Conditions for this program?
You can find the program terms and conditions for all thermostat providers below:
Provider Terms and Conditions Honeywell https://honeywell.energyhub.net/hon/terms/mvec/honeywell-mvec.html Nest https://nest.com/legal/energy-partner/mvec
- What is my enrollment incentive?
Participants will receive a $50 bill credit on their electric bill after being accepted into the program within six to eight weeks.
- How do I receive the 10% discount on my summer bills?
You will receive the 10% discount on your summer electric bill (June – September) for subsequent years that you participate in the program.
- How will I know that an event is in progress?
Depending on your thermostat provider, notifications may appear on the thermostat and/or in your web or mobile application.
- How will my thermostat be adjusted?
- At the start of an event, your thermostat will be automatically adjusted a few degrees above the current temperature.
- The adjustment will typically last no more than 4 hours, and will occur between 5 and 9 p.m. on non-holiday weekdays.
- Once the adjustment event is over, your thermostat will return to its normal set point and/or schedule.
- In some cases, your thermostat might be adjusted down prior to an event to precool your home or business.
- You can opt out of an event at any time from your mobile device, web browser, or thermostat.
- Will participating in the program negatively impact my comfort?
Thermostat adjustment events will only affect the temperature by a few degrees, with minimal impact on comfort. Your participation is voluntary.
- How do I unenroll from the Energy Wise Wi-Fi Thermostat Program?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to end your participation. Unenrolling from the program will end your participation and the 10% savings for all your enrolled thermostats.
- What if I have additional questions about the program?
If you have additional questions, you can email email@example.com.