Eversource Gas FAQ
- What is the Eversource Gas Demand Response Program?
- Eversource’s Gas Demand Response Program is a voluntary demand response gas program is designed to reward you for reducing your energy use during periods of peak demand.
- Participants agree to allow brief, low-impact adjustment to their thermostat settings during peak natural gas demand periods from November 1 to March 31. You can anticipate at least one adjustment, and a maximum of up to 15 adjustments per winter season. Peak demand periods for adjustments typically occur on especially cold days for a maximum of 4 hours. Adjustments will not occur on holidays or weekends.
- Participants will receive a $25 e-gift card per device after being accepted into the program and an annual $20 e-gift card per device at the end of each winter season you stay enrolled and participate.
- How will I know if I’m eligible to enroll?
To be eligible to enroll, you must meet the following qualifications:
- You are an Eversource residential gas customer.
- You use your thermostat to control your natural gas furnace or boiler.
- You have an installed, internet-connected thermostat.
- What is my enrollment incentive?
You will receive a one-time $25 e-gift card after successfully enrolling in the program.
- When will I receive the $25 e-gift card for enrolling in the program?
You will receive your $25 e-gift card within 60 days of being accepted into the program.
- How do I receive the $20 e-gift card annual participation incentive?
You will receive an email with your $20 e-gift card shortly after the end of the winter season (likely in April of each year).
- Which thermostats qualify for the program?
Provider Approved Thermostats Emerson Sensi™ Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat, Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Thermostat Honeywell Home Wi-Fi Smart Color Thermostat, Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, Wi-Fi 9000 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, 9000 Smart Thermostat, 7-Day Programmable Smart Thermostat, VisionPro 8000 Smart Thermostat, Round Smart Thermostat, T5+ Smart Thermostat, T6 Pro Smart Thermostat, T9 Smart Thermostat, T10 Smart Thermostat
- Where can I find the Terms & Conditions for this program?
You can find the program terms and conditions for all thermostat providers below:
Provider Terms and Conditions Emerson Terms & Conditions Honeywell Home Terms & Conditions
- How do I sign up for the Eversource Gas Demand Response program?
Confirm your eligibility for the program by answering these three questions:
- Are you an Eversource residential gas customer?
- Do you use your thermostat to control your natural gas furnace or boiler?
- Will you allow the program to make short, low-impact thermostat adjustments on high energy usage days?
If you answered yes to these three questions, please choose whether you have an internet-connected thermostat to enroll in Eversource’s program or if you would like to purchase a new, qualifying thermostat.
- If you have an existing thermostat, please select your thermostat among the eligible models. If you don’t have an existing eligible thermostat, please choose a model, purchase and install it. Once you have installed and activated, come back to enroll your new thermostat in the program.
- Click the Enroll Now button to go to your thermostat’s enrollment site, where you’ll follow a series of simple steps to enroll.
Once your eligibility is confirmed by Eversource, you will be enrolled in the program. You will receive notification on your eligibility status in your email.
- How will I know that a temperature adjustment is in progress?
Depending on your thermostat provider, notifications will appear on the thermostat or in your web/mobile application.
- How will my thermostat be adjusted?
- At the start of an adjustment event, your thermostat will be automatically adjusted up to 4 degrees below the current temperature setting.
- The event will typically last less than four hours on non-holiday weekday mornings or afternoons. Once the event is over, your thermostat will return to its normal setting.
- Will participating in the program compromise my comfort?
Adjustment events will only affect the temperature by a few degrees, with minimal impact on comfort. And you can easily opt out of an event at any time, for any reason. Your participation is voluntary.
- Am I allowed to opt out of thermostat adjustment events?
Yes. At any time during an event, you can opt out from your thermostat by adjusting the temperature, and there are other options to opt out from your mobile device, or web app.
- What should I do if I no longer want to participate in the program?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Please remove me from the gas demand response program”. We would also appreciate a brief explanation as to why you chose to unenroll so we can improve our programs. Unenrolling will end your participation for all your thermostats enrolled in the gas program only; you will remain enrolled in summer electric program.
- What if I have additional questions about the program?
Please email email@example.com