- What is Eversource ConnectedSolutions?
- Eversource’s voluntary demand response program is designed to reward you for reducing your electricity use during periods of high demand, thereby helping the environment and reliability of the electricity grid.
- Participants agree to brief, limited adjustments of their thermostats during periods of peak electric demand between June 1 and September 30. You can anticipate at least one adjustment, and a maximum of 15 adjustments per summer. Peak demand periods typically occur on especially hot days. Adjustments will not occur on weekends or holidays.
- Eversource residential or small business electricity customers who have installed a qualifying connected thermostat that controls their central air conditioning system are eligible. Note: At this time, customers served by Cape Light Compact for energy efficiency services are not eligible.
- Participants will receive one $25 e-gift card per device ($50 if you live in Connecticut and enroll between November 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020) after being accepted into the program and another $20 e-gift card per device at the end of each summer season for participating.
- If you would like to end your enrollment, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to end your participation in ConnectedSolutions.
- How does ConnectedSolutions benefit the community?
- Supports New England energy initiatives.
- Protects our environment by lowering emissions.
- Helps support reliability of the electric system.
- How will I know if I’m eligible to enroll?
To be eligible to enroll, you must meet the following qualifications:
- You are an Eversource residential or small business electric customer.
- You are not served by Cape Light Compact for energy efficiency services.
- You have an installed, eligible connected thermostat.
- You use your thermostat to control your central air conditioning.
Note: Enrollment for New Hampshire is limited to 1,000 customers.
- What is my enrollment incentive?
Participants will receive a $25 e-gift card per thermostat ($50 for CT residents who enroll by 12/31/2020) after being accepted into the program.
- When will I receive the e-gift card for enrolling in ConnectedSolutions?
You will receive an email with your e-gift card for being accepted into ConnectedSolutions within four to six weeks of being accepted into the program.
- How do I receive the $20 annual incentive?
You will receive an email with your $20 e-gift card at the end of the summer season for participating.
- Which thermostats qualify for ConnectedSolutions?
Below is the current list of qualifying thermostats.
Provider Approved Thermostats Alarm.com Radio Thermostat CT30, CT80, CT100; Trane ComfortLink Control; RCS Z-Wave Communicating Thermostat; GoControl Z-wave Thermostat; Alarm.com Smart Thermostat Building36 Building 36 Intelligent Thermostat ecobee ecobee3, ecobee3 Lite, ecobee4, ecobee Smart, ecobee SmartThermostat with voice control Emerson Sensi™ Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat, Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Thermostat Honeywell Home Wi-Fi Smart Color Thermostat, Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, Wi-Fi 9000 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, 9000 Smart Thermostat, 7-Day Programmable Smart Thermostat, VisionPro 8000 Smart Thermostat, Round Smart Thermostat, T5+ Smart Thermostat, T6 Pro Smart Thermostat, T9 Smart Thermostat, T10 Smart Thermostat Lux LUX/GEO, LUX KONO Nest Nest Thermostat, Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Thermostat E Radio Thermostat Filtrete 3M-50, CT30, CT50, CT80 Vivint Radio Thermostat CT100 with Vivint Go!Control Panel
- Where can I find the Terms & Conditions for this program?
You can find the program terms and conditions for all thermostat providers below:
Provider Terms and Conditions Alarm.com Terms and Conditions ecobee Terms and Conditions Emerson Terms and Conditions Honeywell Home Terms and Conditions Lux Terms and Conditions Nest Terms and Conditions Radio Thermostat Terms and Conditions Vivint Terms and Conditions
- How do I sign up for ConnectedSolutions?
- Visit www.enrollmythermostat.com/eversource
- Confirm your eligibility for ConnectedSolutions by answering these four questions:
- Are you an Eversource residential or small business electric customer?
- Are you not served by Cape Light Compact for energy efficiency services?
- Do you use a connected thermostat to control your central air conditioning?
- Will you allow Eversource to make short, low impact thermostat adjustments on peak energy days?
- If you answer yes to these four questions, please choose whether you have an eligible thermostat to enroll in ConnectedSolutions or if you would like to purchase one.
- If you already have a thermostat, please select your thermostat among the eligible models.
- If you don’t have an eligible thermostat, please choose a model, purchase and install it. Once you have installed and activated, come back to enroll your new thermostat in the ConnectedSolutions program. Note: You may be eligible for Mass Save or Energize Connecticut rebates for eligible thermostats.
- Click the Enroll Now button to go to your thermostat’s enrollment site, where you’ll follow a series of simple steps to enroll.
- Once your eligibility is confirmed by Eversource, you will be enrolled in the program. You will receive notification on your eligibility status in your account registered email.
- How will I know that a temperature adjustment is in progress?
Depending on your thermostat provider, notifications may appear on the thermostat or in your web or mobile application.
- How will my thermostat be adjusted?
- At the start of a peak energy event, your thermostat will be automatically adjusted no more than 4 degrees above the current temperature.
- The adjustment will typically last no more than 3 hours on non-holiday weekdays, and will occur between 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Once the temperature adjustment is over, your thermostat will return to its normal set point and/or schedule.
- In some cases, your thermostat might be adjusted down 3 degrees prior to an adjustment event to pre-cool your home or business.
- You can opt out of an event at any time from your mobile device, web browser, or thermostat. For the majority of devices, when you opt-out of the pre-cool, you are also opting out of the temperature adjustment. If you own an ecobee device, you must also opt out the temperature adjustment.
- Will participating in the program compromise my comfort?
Adjustment events will only affect the temperature by a few degrees, with minimal impact on comfort. And you can easily opt out of an event at any time, for any reason. Your participation is voluntary and you will retain control of your thermostat.
- Am I allowed to opt out of thermostat adjustment events?
Yes. At any time during an event, you can opt out from your thermostat, mobile device, or web app.
- How do I unenroll from ConnectedSolutions?
Send an email to email@example.com requesting to end your participation in ConnectedSolutions. Unenrolling from the program will end your participation for all of your enrolled thermostats.
- What if I have additional questions about the program?
You can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org