Frequently Asked Questions
- What is EasyCool from Entergy New Orleans?
- EasyCool from Entergy New Orleans is an optional offering for residential or small business electric customers who have eligible smart thermostats connected to their air conditioning.
- When summer temperatures climb, demand for electricity increases. EasyCool is designed to help reduce high electricity – or peak – demand. Reducing peak demand can help control costs for all customers long term.
- Participants agree to brief, limited adjustments of their thermostats during peak electric demand periods from June 1 through September 30. Enrolled customers can anticipate at least one adjustment and a maximum of 15 adjustments per summer. Peak demand periods for adjustments typically occur on especially hot days. Adjustments will not occur on weekends or holidays unless Entergy New Orleans is experiencing emergency grid conditions.
- Participants will receive a $25 check after being accepted and an additional $40 check after each season for staying enrolled.
- How will I know if I’m eligible to enroll?
To be eligible to enroll, you must:
- Be an Entergy New Orleans residential or small business electric customer.
- Use an eligible internet-connected thermostat for cooling.
- What is my enrollment incentive?
Participants will receive a one-time $25 check after being accepted.
- When will I receive the $25 check enrollment incentive?
You will receive your $25 check within four to six weeks of being accepted into EasyCool.
- How do I receive the participation incentives?
You will receive an additional $40 check after the season for staying enrolled.
- Which thermostats qualify?
Provider Approved Thermostats Alarm.com Radio Thermostat CT30, CT80, CT100; Trane ComfortLink Control; RCS Z-Wave Communicating Thermostat; GoControl Z-wave Thermostat; Alarm.com Smart Thermostat ecobee ecobee3, ecobee3 Lite, ecobee4, ecobee Smart, ecobee SmartThermostat with voice control Emerson Sensi™ Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat, Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Thermostat Honeywell Home Wi-Fi Smart Color Thermostat, Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, Wi-Fi 9000 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, 9000 Smart Thermostat, 7-Day Programmable Smart Thermostat, VisionPro 8000 Smart Thermostat, Round Smart Thermostat, T5+ Smart Thermostat, T6 Pro Smart Thermostat, T9 Smart Thermostat, T10 Smart Thermostat Lux LUX/GEO, LUX KONO Nest Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Thermostat E Radio Thermostat Company of America Filtrete 3M-50, CT30, CT50, CT80 Vivint Radio Thermostat CT100 with Vivint Go!Control Panel
- Where can I find the Terms and Conditions?
You can find the program terms and conditions for all thermostat providers below:
Provider Terms and Conditions Alarm.com Terms & Conditions ecobee Terms & Conditions Emerson Terms & Conditions Honeywell Terms & Conditions Lux Terms & Conditions Nest Terms & Conditions Radio Thermostat Company of America Terms & Conditions Vivint Terms & Conditions
- How do I sign up for EasyCool?
Visit enrollmythermostat.com/entergy. Confirm your eligibility for EasyCool by answering these three questions:
Are you an Entergy New Orleans residential or small business electric customer?
Do you use an eligible, internet-connected thermostat to control your central air conditioning?
Will you allow Entergy New Orleans to make short, low-impact thermostat adjustments on high energy usage days?
If you answer yes to these three questions, please choose whether you have a thermostat to enroll in EasyCool.
If you have an existing thermostat, please select your thermostat among the eligible models.
Click the Enroll Now button to go to your thermostat’s enrollment site, where you will follow a series of simple steps to enroll.
Once your eligibility is confirmed by Entergy New Orleans, you will be enrolled. You will receive notification on your eligibility status in your account registered email.
- How will I know that a temperature adjustment is in progress?
Depending on your thermostat provider, notifications may appear on the thermostat or in your web or mobile application.
- How will my thermostat be adjusted?
- At the start of an adjustment event, your thermostat will be automatically adjusted up to four degrees above the current temperature.
- The adjustment will typically last no more than four hours on non-holiday weekdays and will occur between noon and 8 p.m.
- Once the temperature adjustment is over, your thermostat will return to its normal set point and/or schedule.
- In some cases, your thermostat may be adjusted down by up to three degrees prior to an adjustment event to pre-cool your home or business.
- You can opt out of an event at any time from your mobile device, web browser or thermostat. When you opt-out of the pre-cool period you also are opting out of the temperature adjustment.
- Will participating in Easy Cool compromise my comfort?
Adjustment events will only affect the temperature by a few degrees, with minimal impact on comfort. You can easily opt out of an event at any time, for any reason. Your participation is voluntary, and you will retain control of your thermostat.
- Am I allowed to opt out of thermostat adjustment events?
Yes. At any time during an event, you can opt out from your thermostat, mobile device or web app.
- Does opting out of the pre-cool opt me out of the thermostat adjustment event?
For the majority of devices, when you opt out of the pre-cool, you are also opting out of the temperature adjustment. If you own an ecobee device, you must also opt out of the temperature adjustment.
- How do I unenroll from EasyCool?
Send an email to email@example.com, requesting to end your participation in EasyCool. Unenrolling from EasyCool will end your participation for all of your enrolled thermostats. Once you unenroll from EasyCool, you will not receive the participation incentive.
- What if I have additional questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.