Entergy Mississippi FAQ
- What is the Entergy Mississippi Smart Thermostat Program?
- The Entergy Mississippi Smart Thermostat Program is a voluntary program for Entergy Mississippi residential electric customers who have eligible smart thermostats connected to their central air conditioning.
- When summer temperatures climb, demand for electricity increases and can cause strain on the grid. The Entergy Mississippi Smart Thermostat Program is designed to help reduce energy use during times of high energy demand. That’s good for the environment, and it helps keep energy costs low for everyone.
- Participants agree to brief adjustments of four degrees or less to their thermostats during peak electric demand periods. Adjustments to your thermostat typically last no more than four hours and will not occur on weekends or holidays, except in the event of a system emergency.
- Participants will receive a one-time $50 incentive check after successfully enrolling in the program. In addition, participants will receive a $25 bill credit each year.
- How will I know if I’m eligible to enroll?
To be eligible to enroll, you must:
- Be an Entergy Mississippi residential electric customer and the electric service is in your name.
- Use an eligible internet-connected smart thermostat for cooling.
- Allow Entergy Mississippi to make brief, small thermostat adjustments on days of high energy demand.
- What is my enrollment incentive?
You will receive a one-time $50 check after successfully enrolling in the program.
- When will I receive the $50 check for enrolling in the program?
You will receive your $50 check within four to six weeks of being accepted into the program.
- How do I receive the $25 annual participation bill credit?
You will receive one $25 bill credit per household at the end of each year that you are enrolled in the program.
- Which thermostats qualify for the program?
Provider Approved Thermostats ecobee ecobee3, ecobee3 Lite, ecobee4, ecobee Smart, ecobee SmartThermostat with voice control Emerson Sensi™ Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat, Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Thermostat Honeywell Home Wi-Fi Smart Color Thermostat, Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, Wi-Fi 9000 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, 9000 Smart Thermostat, 7-Day Programmable Smart Thermostat, VisionPro 8000 Smart Thermostat, Round Smart Thermostat, T5+ Smart Thermostat, T6 Pro Smart Thermostat, T9 Smart Thermostat, T10 Smart Thermostat
- How do I sign up for the Entergy Mississippi Smart Thermostat Program?
Confirm your eligibility for the program by answering these three questions:
- Are you an Entergy Mississippi residential electric customer?
- Do you use an eligible, internet-connected thermostat to control your central air conditioning?
- Will you allow the program to make brief, small thermostat adjustments on high energy demand days or in the event of a system emergency?
If you answered yes to these three questions, please choose whether you have a thermostat to enroll in the Entergy Mississippi Smart Thermostat Program or if you would like to purchase a new, qualifying thermostat.
- If you have an existing thermostat, please select your thermostat among the eligible models. Then, click the Enroll Now button to go to your thermostat’s enrollment site, where you will follow a series of simple steps to enroll.
- If you don’t have an existing eligible thermostat, please choose a model, purchase and install it. Once you have installed and activated it, come back to this website to enroll your new thermostat in the program.
Once your eligibility is confirmed by Entergy Mississippi, you will be enrolled in the program. You will receive notification on your enrollment status via email using the address provided in your account registration.
- How will I know that a temperature adjustment is in progress?
Depending on your thermostat provider, notifications will appear on the thermostat or in your web/mobile application.
- How will my thermostat be adjusted?
- At the start of an adjustment event, your thermostat will be automatically adjusted up to four degrees above the current temperature setting.
- The event will typically last less than four hours on non-holiday weekday afternoons. Once the event is over, your thermostat will return to its normal setting.
- In some cases, your thermostat might be adjusted down 3 degrees prior to an adjustment event to pre-cool your home.
- Will participating in the program compromise my comfort?
Only on event days, your thermostat will be adjusted by four degrees or less. Your participation is voluntary, and you will retain control of your thermostat when there isn’t an event scheduled. You can easily opt out of an event for any reason.
- Am I allowed to opt out of thermostat adjustment events?
Yes. During an event, you can opt out from your thermostat, mobile device or web app.
- What should I do if I no longer want to participate in the program?
Send an email to EMLDR@icf.com, requesting to end your participation in the program. Once you have been removed from the program, your thermostat(s) will no longer be controlled and you will not receive the annual participation bill credit.
- What if I have additional questions about the program?
Please email EMLDR@icf.com.