DTE Smart Savers Gas FAQ
- What is the DTE Smart Savers Gas program?
DTE Smart Savers Gas program is designed to reward you for reducing your energy use during peak periods of natural gas demand.
- How does the DTE Smart Savers Gas program work?
- Participants agree to allow their thermostat set points to be lowered by a few degrees during events, which occur during peak hours, when demand for natural gas is very high, between November 1 and March 31. There will never be more than 15 events per winter season and can last up to four hours.
- How do I know if I am eligible to enroll?
- I use my thermostat to control my natural gas central heating.
- I am a residential DTE Natural Gas customer.
- What is my enrollment incentive?
- Customers that apply for the program between September 1, 2022 and February 1, 2023 will receive a one-time $50 gift card for enrolling.
- Participants will receive an additional $50 gift card at the end of the winter season if they stay enrolled through March 31. Any enrollments after February 1, 2023 will ONLY receive the $50 incentive if they’re still enrolled through March 31, 2023.
- How do I enroll in the DTE Smart Savers Gas program?
- If you are DTE residential natural gas only customer, then you can complete your enrollment here.
- Which thermostats qualify for the program?
Provider Approved Thermostats Amazon Amazon Smart Thermostat ecobee ecobee3, ecobee3 Lite, ecobee4, ecobee Smart, ecobee SmartThermostat with voice control Emerson Sensi™ Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat, Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Thermostat Honeywell Home Wi-Fi Smart Color Thermostat, Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, Wi-Fi 9000 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, 9000 Smart Thermostat, 7-Day Programmable Smart Thermostat, VisionPro 8000 Smart Thermostat, Round Smart Thermostat, T5+ Smart Thermostat, T6 Pro Smart Thermostat, T9 Smart Thermostat, T10 Smart Thermostat Lux LUX/GEO, LUX KONO Google Nest Google Nest Thermostat, Google Nest Learning Thermostat, Google Nest Thermostat E
- Where can I find the Terms & Conditions for this program?
You can find the terms and conditions for the program here:
DTE Smart Savers Terms & Conditions
You can find the program terms and conditions for all thermostat providers below:
Provider Terms and Conditions Amazon Terms & Conditions ecobee Terms & Conditions Emerson Terms & Conditions Honeywell Home Terms & Conditions Lux Terms & Conditions Google Nest Terms & Conditions
- How will I know that an event is in progress?
Depending on your thermostat provider, you will receive an email or a notification in your web or mobile application. You may also receive a notification on your thermostat device.
- During an event, how will my thermostat be adjusted?
- At the start of an event, your thermostat will be automatically adjusted by a few degrees below the current temperature set point.
- In some cases, your thermostat might be adjusted up 3 degrees prior to an adjustment event to pre-heat your home.
- Each event will typically last no more than 4 hours and will occur between 5 am - 9 am or 5 pm - 9 pm. Adjustments will not occur on holidays or weekends.
- Once the event is over, your thermostat will return to its normal set point and schedule.
- You can opt out of the events at any time from your mobile device, web browser or thermostat.
- Will participating in the program negatively impact my comfort?
Smart Savers events will only affect the temperature by a few degrees, with minimal impact on comfort. There will be no more than 15 Smart Savers events per winter and each event will last up to four hours.
- How do I unenroll from the DTE Smart Savers Gas program?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to end your participation in the DTE Smart Savers program.
- Who can I contact if I have additional questions about the program?
Please email us at email@example.com.