Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Cape Light Compact ConnectedSolutions program?
- Cape Light Compact’s voluntary demand response program is designed to reward you for reducing your electricity use during periods of high demand, while helping the environment and efficiency of the electricity grid.
- Participants agree to brief, limited adjustments of their thermostats during peak electric demand periods from June 1 through September 30. You can anticipate at least one adjustment, and a maximum of 15 adjustments per summer. Peak demand periods for adjustments typically occur on especially hot days. Adjustments will not occur on holidays.
- Cape Light Compact residential electricity customers who have installed a qualifying connected thermostat controlling their central air conditioning system are eligible.
- Participants will receive a $25 Amazon e-gift card per device after being accepted into the program and a $20 Amazon e-gift card per device at the end of each summer season for participating.
- How does ConnectedSolutions benefit the community?
- Supports Massachusetts’ energy reduction initiatives.
- Helps support efficiency of the electric system by reducing peak demand.
- How will I know if I’m eligible to enroll?
To be eligible to enroll, you must meet the following qualifications:
- You are a residential or small business electric customer on Cape Cod or Martha’s Vineyard with an active Eversource account.
- You have an installed, eligible internet-connected thermostat.
- You use your thermostat to control your central air conditioning.
- What is my enrollment incentive?
Participants will receive a $25 Amazon e-gift card per thermostat after being accepted into the program.
- When will I receive the $25 Amazon e-gift card for enrolling in ConnectedSolutions?
You will receive an email with your $25 Amazon e-gift card for being accepted into ConnectedSolutions within four to six weeks of being accepted into the program.
- How do I receive the $20 annual incentive?
You will receive an email with your $20 Amazon e-gift card at the end of the summer season for participating as long as you are accepted into the program before August 15th of that season.
- Which thermostats qualify for the program?
Provider Approved Thermostats Alarm.com Radio Thermostat CT30, CT80, CT100; Trane ComfortLink Control; RCS Z-Wave Communicating Thermostat; GoControl Z-wave Thermostat; Alarm.com Smart Thermostat; 2GIG Z-Wave Plus™ Battery Powered Thermostat; Trane Z-Wave Thermostat; Linear Thermostat ecobee ecobee3, ecobee3 Lite, ecobee4, ecobee Smart, ecobee SmartThermostat with voice control Emerson Sensi™ Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat, Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Thermostat Honeywell Home Wi-Fi Smart Color Thermostat, Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, Wi-Fi 9000 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, 9000 Smart Thermostat, 7-Day Programmable Smart Thermostat, VisionPro 8000 Smart Thermostat, Round Smart Thermostat, T5+ Smart Thermostat, T6 Pro Smart Thermostat, T9 Smart Thermostat, T10 Smart Thermostat Lux LUX/GEO, LUX KONO Google Nest Google Nest Thermostat, Google Nest Learning Thermostat, Google Nest Thermostat E Radio Thermostat Company of America Filtrete 3M-50, CT30, CT50, CT80 Vivint Radio Thermostat CT100 with Vivint Go!Control Panel Amazon Amazon Smart Thermostat
- Where can I find the Terms and Conditions?
You can find the program terms and conditions for all thermostat providers below:
Provider Terms and Conditions Alarm.com Terms & Conditions ecobee Terms & Conditions Emerson Terms & Conditions Honeywell Terms & Conditions Lux Terms & Conditions Google Nest Terms & Conditions Radio Thermostat Terms & Conditions Vivint Terms & Conditions Amazon Terms & Conditions
- How do I sign up for ConnectedSolutions?
Confirm your eligibility for ConnectedSolutions by answering these three questions:
Are you a residential or small business electric customer located on Cape Cod or Martha’s Vineyard with an active Eversource account?
Do you use your thermostat to control your central air conditioning?
Will you allow Cape Light Compact to make short, low impact thermostat adjustments on high energy usage days?
If you answer yes to these three questions, please choose whether you have a thermostat to enroll in ConnectedSolutions or if you would like to purchase one.
If you have an existing thermostat, please select your thermostat among the eligible models.
If you do not have an existing eligible thermostat, please choose a model, purchase and install it. Once you have installed and activated your new thermostat, come back to enroll it in ConnectedSolutions.
Click the Enroll Now button to go to your thermostat’s enrollment site, where you will follow a series of simple steps to enroll.
Once your eligibility is confirmed by Cape Light Compact, you will be enrolled in the program. Customers will receive a confirmation email and a separate email with the Amazon e-gift card following successful enrollment
- How will I know that a temperature adjustment is in progress?
- All thermostat providers offer notifications in the web or mobile app for the thermostat. You may need to adjust your phone or app’s settings to ensure you are receiving event notifications.
- With the exception of Alarm.com and Vivint thermostats, your thermostat will also indicate an event is occurring on the device’s display
- Email notification is only available through certain providers, and the Compact may opt to not provide notification prior to an event. In-app notifications will be the primary means of notifying customers of events for which the Compact elects to provide notification.
- How will my thermostat be adjusted?
- At the start of a peak energy event, your thermostat will be automatically adjusted up to 4 degrees above its current temperature setting.
- The adjustment will typically last no more than 3 hours on non-holidays, and will occur between 1 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Once the temperature adjustment is over, your thermostat will return to its normal set point and/or schedule.
- In some cases, your thermostat may be adjusted down 3 degrees from its current set point prior to an adjustment event to precool your home or business.
- You can opt out of an event at any time from your mobile device, web browser, or thermostat. When you opt-out of the precool, you are also opting out of the temperature adjustment.
- Will participating in the program compromise my comfort?
Adjustment events will only affect the temperature by a few degrees, with minimal impact on comfort. And you can easily opt out of an event at any time, for any reason. Your participation is voluntary and you will retain control of your thermostat.
- Am I allowed to opt out of thermostat adjustment events?
- Yes. At any time during an event, you can opt out from your thermostat, mobile device, or web app.
- Please be aware if you participate in fewer than 25% of the event hours during a season, Cape Light Compact may unenroll you from the program. You will not be considered to be participating in a program event if you opted out, your device was offline or was not in cooling mode at the time of the program event.
- How do I unenroll from ConnectedSolutions?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to end your participation in ConnectedSolutions. Unenrolling from the program will end your participation for all of your enrolled thermostats.
- What if I have additional questions about the program?
You can reach out to email@example.com.